Mar 23, 2017
“CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch”
Introducing a new analogue watch that links with a smartphone
Eco-Drive*1 so no need for cable charging
「CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch」
BZ1020-14L Summer 2017
At Baselworld 2017, CITIZEN will announce the new Bluetooth Watch model.
With its innovative design and ease of use, this new series will be released in Summer 2017.
The Bluetooth Watch has all the beauties of an analogue watch with the added convenience of a smartphone link. Just install the official app on your phone to link your watch and enjoy not only auto-time correction locally but to 316 cities across the world. The incoming call, email, or SNS messages are notified with hand movement, sound, or vibration. But most of all, it features light-powered Eco-Drive technology that can generate power from any light source, artificial, natural and even dim light so no cable charging is necessary. Once you do a full charge, it will keep running for up to 4 years (on power save mode), freeing users from regular battery changes and daily cable charging.
- Citizen Watch Global Official Youtube :
- *This video was made for the purpose of explaining the main features of “Eco-Drive Bluetooth.” The model featured in the video is possibly not available in your country.
- Eco-Drive Light-powered Technology
CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch is charged from any kind of light. That means there is no need for replacing batteries or for cable-based charging. CITIZEN’s proprietary light-powered technology, Eco-Drive generates power from any kind of light—from sunlight to dim light—to drive the watch, storing surplus power in a rechargeable cell. On a single full charge it can run for up to six months in total darkness.
- *1：Eco-Drive is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology that powers watches using any natural or artificial light source, eliminating the need to replace batteries. Certified as an Eco Mark product for the first time in the watch industry.
CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth Watch can link with a smartphone through the official app for CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch. This is a watch that combines the best of analogue and smart functionalities.
- Home and Local Time : Get the right time, all the time, in any city around the world.
When the watch is connected with a smartphone, the time on the watch automatically updates to the current time (home time). Plus just by touching the world map inside the app, the watch is then set to the time of the city selected (local time). The app covers 316 cities worldwide, including Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Alarm: Set your alarm from a smartphone.
The alarm of the watch can be simply and intuitively set from the app and can be set for a different time for every day of the week.
- Call Notification: Find out when a user gets a call.
Via sound, vibration, or hand movement, it lets a user know when there is an incoming call.
The smart filter function can be used to specify which callers the trigger an incoming alert.
- Message Notification: Find out when a user gets an email, text, or SNS notification.
Via sound, vibration, or hand movement, it lets a user know when there is a new email, text, or SNS (Social Networking Service) notification.
The apps for which a user wishes to receive the alert can be selected.
*Which SNS apps are compatible can be confirmed from the official CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch app.
- Smartphone Search: Find your smartphone easily.
The watch helps users find his/her smartphone by notifying the phone to emit a sound to alert its location. (Range limitations apply to this function.) When a user is about to leave without his/her smartphone, the watch will warn him/her by either emitting a sound, vibrating or rotating the hands.
- Light-Level Indicator: See how much light—and power—the dial is receiving .
See how much power the watch is generating by checking how much light it is exposed to on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. CITIZEN is a pioneer in light-powered technology and this unique function reflects our special relationship with light.
|CITIZEN Bluetooth Watch|
|Projected price||USD 695|
|Case /Band||Stainless Steel / Polyurethane|
|Size||Case diameter 48.0mm／thickness 15.5mm *Design specification only|
|Movement||Cal.W770/ Accuracy of ± 15 seconds per a month (when not receiving signals) /,Eco-Drive, Runs 4 years on full charge(on power save mode) /Power save function*2 / 1 second chronograph measures up to 60 minutes / Alarm/ Dual time(Second time zone) / Day Date / 12/24Hour time/ Light-level indicator / Power reserve indicator*3 / Perpetual calendar*4 / Screw-back case / Deployment clasp with push button / WR 100|
- *2: Power save function: Automatically stops the hand movement when light is not available to power the watch in darkness. When light is available again, the watch automatically corrects the time and resumes working.
- *3: Power reserve indicator: Displays the remaining power of the secondary battery used for Eco-Drive.
- *4: Perpetual Calendar: Automatically corrects the calendar for leap years up to February 28 of 2100.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’ s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 130 countries around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN have held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Sharing this belief, we have made watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronised timekeeping.
- ●The final design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- ●Eco-Drive is registered trademarks or trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
- ●The availability, specifications and related information such as product code for the models may vary by markets. If you would like to know more details, including the availability of this products in your area, please select your "Local Website" from our global site.