January 11, 2019
CITIZEN is pleased to announce the launch of the new CITIZEN Eco-Drive*1 Bluetooth watch lineup, which is to be worn by US Open winner Naomi Osaka. As a CITIZEN brand ambassador, Naomi will start wearing the new watch from the coming 2019 Australian Open (January 14th – the 27th). Scheduled for released in 7th March this year in a limited quantity of 1,000 units (suggested retail price: JPY 75,000 + Tax), the exclusive analog style watch is capable of pairing with smartphone.
The launch date, price and availability are subject to change.
New portrait of Naomi Osaka that suggests her further growth and greater future.
Chosen as CITIZEN brand ambassador in August of 2018, Naomi adorned the CITIZEN Eco-Drive Blue-tooth at the US Open in New York last year, where she impressively claimed the women’s Grand Slam Singles victory.
The new watch model — which will appear at the 2019 Australian Open (January 14th to the 27th) — is a unisex CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth watch featuring the brand’s proprietary Super Titanium™*2 case, making it strong and lightweight as well as comfortable to wear. The color motif is a vivid orange, inspired by Naomi’s striking, dynamic tennis performance style.
Since the launch of the first model in 2012, CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth, with its beautifully crafted design, has captured a unique position in the market for smart watches. One outstanding reason is CITIZEN’s proprietary light-powered technology called Eco-Drive. This revolutionary technology frees wearers from the worry of having to replace the watch battery. The CITIZEN smartphone app also makes it convenient to sync correct times anywhere in the world, set alarms, and phone-search with intuitive operation.
CITIZEN shares many of Naomi Osaka’s enduring disciplines of always aiming to be the best without compromising on principles. As brand ambassador, she embodies the CITIZEN brand statement of “Bet-ter Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. CITIZEN continues to support Naomi in her pur-suit of excellence and devotion to the world of tennis.
- Official CITIZEN app
1. Eco-Drive light-powered technology
2. Notifications of incoming calls, emails, and SNS messages via sound and hand movement
3. Smartphone search
4. Three alarm settings
5. Date and time synchronization
*Fifteen original sound options exclusive for W410 model
- User interface features white background for better readability and power reserve indicator.
- Connection level indicator displays state of the connection with the wearer’s smartphone.
CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth
|Brand / Product name||CITIZEN /Eco-Drive Bluetooth W410|
|Launch (Projected)||7th March 2019 (advanced reservations are accepted from January 14, 2019)|
|Price (Projected)||JPY 75,000 + Tax|
|Case / Band||Super Titanium™ (Duratect DLC*3) / Urethane|
|Crystal||Sapphire glass with anti-reflection coating|
|Case Size||40.5mm / 10.7mm (Design specification only)|
|Specification||Cal. W410 /Accuracy of ±15 seconds per month (without time signal reception) / Eco-Drive: Running for 12 months (4 years with power save function)
/ Bluetooth® (Call, E-mail, SNS notification) / Alarm / Phone search / Time sync / Light-Level Indicator / Perpetual Calender / W.R. 5 BAR
- *1. Eco-Drive is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology that powers watches using any natural or artificial light source, eliminating the need to replace batteries. Certified as an Eco Mark product for the first time in the watch industry.
- *2. Super Titanium™ is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology to treat solid titanium with surface hardening technology. It is at least five times harder than stainless steel, resistant to scratches, lightweight and gentle to the skin for comfortable wearing.
- *3. Duratect is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology that enhances the surface hardness of metals such as stainless steel and titanium, protecting watch bodies from scratches and damage. This technology offers excellent abrasion quality and maintains luster of metals for long periods of time. Duratect DLC achieves Vickers hardness of 1,000-1,400 Hv by coating an amorphous carbon hard film — mainly composed of carbon and hydrogen — on the surface of the material. (Vickers hardness of stainless is approximately 200Hv.)
- About Naomi Osaka
Born on October 16, 1997 in Osaka, Japan to a Haitian father and a Japanese mother. Moved to the U.S. at the age of three and currently resides in Florida. Started tennis taught by her farther, joined the International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournaments at the age of fourteen, and turned professional in 2013. Qualified for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) tour championship in July of 2014 at the Bank of the West Classic for the first time. In January 2016, at the Australian Open, qualified to enter her first Grand Slam, rolling into the third round and achieved into the top 100 of the WTA rankings. In the same year, reached the third round of the French Open and US Open as well. In October 2016, at the Toray Pan Pacific Open, reached her first WTA final and moved into the top 40 of WTA rankings. Won “Newcomer of the Year” at the 2016 WTA Awards, an award given to the player who made the biggest breakthrough. In March of 2018, became the first Japanese woman to win the Indian Wells Masters in California, U.S., also known as BNP Paris Open — the Premier Mandatory category — widely considered the second biggest event in tennis, right behind the Grand Slam, joining the ranks of worldwide top players. In September 2019, at the US Open, won a Grand Slam singles tournament. A must-watch up-and-coming player with a powerful serve, Naomi takes advantage of her 180cm height and forceful forehand. Ranked as No. 4 in the tennis world as of January 11, 2019.
- Check on Naomi Osaka’s latest info as brand ambassador at CITIZEN’s special website.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’ s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 130 countries around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN have held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Sharing this belief, we have made watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronised timekeeping.
*Eco-Drive, Super Titanium™, and Duratect are registered trademarks or trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
*The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc
*The availability, specifications and related information such as product code for the models featured in this site, may vary by markets If you would like to know more details, including the availability of this products in your area, please select your "Local Website" from our global site.