May 23, 2019
CITIZEN Brand Ambassador Naomi Osaka
to Wear 3rd New Eco-Drive Bluetooth Mode at the 2019 French Open
CITIZEN is proud to announce the third new Eco-Drive Bluetooth model that CITIZEN Brand Ambassador, professional tennis player Naomi Osaka, will be wearing at the 2019 French Open.
The latest portrait of Naomi Osaka,
the world’s top-ranked athlete in women’s tennis.
CITIZEN x Naomi Osaka – “Be who you want to be”
is a perfect fit with CITIZEN’s brand statement: “Better Starts Now”
Eco-Drive Bluetooth BZ4005-03E
(3rd model worn by Naomi Osaka)
On sale now
Since her appointment as CITIZEN Brand Ambassador in August 2018, Naomi Osaka has secured two Grand Slam women’s singles titles – at the 2018 US Open and the 2019 Australian Open – wearing her CITIZEN Eco-Drive*1 Bluetooth watch.
Now, as the world’s top women’s tennis player, she will be playing at the French Open (Sunday, 26 May – Sunday, 9 June at Stade Roland-Garros in Paris) wearing the latest black and green CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth watch. This new model is an analog-style watch that is capable of pairing with a smartphone. Featuring the brand’s proprietary Super Titanium™*2 case and a stylish urethane band, this lightweight and comfortable unisex watch is ideal for active sports.
Revolutionary light-powered Eco-Drive technology frees wearers from the worry of having to recharge their watch. The intuitive interface of the CITIZEN smartphone app makes it easy to customize a range of settings, including alarms and time sync adjustment. Since their launch in 2012, CITIZEN Eco-Drive Bluetooth watches have combined cutting-edge technology with beautiful designs, establishing their own position in the connected watch market.
CITIZEN shares many of Naomi Osaka’s core principles and her determination to be the best while remaining true to herself. As brand ambassador, she embodies the CITIZEN brand statement of “Better Starts Now” — meaning that it is always possible to make something better, no matter who you are and what you do, and the ideal time to act is now. CITIZEN continues to support Naomi Osaka in her pursuit of excellence and dedication to her sport.
- [CITIZEN Watch App]
1. Eco-Drive light-powered technology
2. Notifications for incoming calls, emails, and SNS messages via sound and hand movement
3. Smartphone search
4. Three alarm settings
5. Date and time synchronization
*Fifteen original sound options exclusive to the W410 model
- Features an easy-to-read white interface, includes battery charge meter
- Connection display feature to confirm smartphone pairing at a glance
|Brand / Product name||CITIZEN / Eco-Drive Bluetooth W410|
|Launch||On sale now|
|Price||Please see your CITIZEN local website|
|Case/Band||Super Titanium™ (Duratect DLC*3) / Urethane|
|Crystal||Sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflection coating|
|Case Size||40.5mm / 10.7mm (Design specification only)|
|Specifications||Cal. W410 /Accuracy of ±15 seconds per month (without time signal reception) / Eco-Drive: Running for 12 months (4 years with power save function)
/ Bluetooth® (Call, E-mail, SNS notification) / Alarm / Phone search / Time sync / Light-Level Indicator / Perpetual Calender / W.R. 5 BAR
* Indicates the running time from a full charge until the charge runs out (without recharging). Approx. 1 year when paired with a smartphone/approx.. 2 years 6 months when not paired with a smartphone.
- *1. Eco-Drive is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology that powers watches using any natural or artificial light source, eliminating the need to replace batteries. Certified as an Eco Mark product for the first time in the watch industry.
- *2. Super Titanium™ is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology to treat solid titanium with surface hardening technology. It is at least five times harder than stainless steel, resistant to scratches, lightweight and gentle to the skin for comfortable wearing.
- *3. Duratect is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology that enhances the surface hardness of metals such as stainless steel and titanium, protecting watch bodies from scratches and damage. This technology offers excellent abrasion quality and maintains luster of metals for long periods of time. Duratect DLC achieves Vickers hardness of 1,000-1,400 Hv by coating an amorphous carbon hard film — mainly composed of carbon and hydrogen — on the surface of the material. (Vickers hardness of stainless is approximately 200Hv.)
- About Naomi Osaka
Born on October 16, 1997 in Osaka, Japan to a Haitian father and a Japanese mother. Moved to the U.S. at the age of three and currently resides in Florida. Started out being taught tennis by her father, joined the International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournaments at the age of fourteen, and turned professional in 2013. Qualified for the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) tour championship in July of 2014 at the Bank of the West Classic for the first time. In January 2016, at the Australian Open, qualified to enter her first Grand Slam, rolling into the third round and rising into the top 100 of the WTA rankings. In the same year, reached the third round of the French Open and US Open as well. In October 2016, at the Toray Pan Pacific Open, reached her first WTA final and moved into the top 40 of WTA rankings. Won “Newcomer of the Year” at the 2016 WTA Awards, an award given to the player who made the biggest breakthrough. In March of 2018, became the first Japanese woman to win the Indian Wells Masters in California, U.S., also known as BNP Paris Open — in the Premier Mandatory category — widely considered the second biggest event in tennis right behind the Grand Slam, joining the ranks of the world’s top players. Won a Grand Slam singles tournament in September 2019 at the US Open. A must-watch up-and-coming player with a powerful serve, Naomi Osaka takes advantage of her 180cm height and forceful forehand. Ranked as the No.1 female tennis player in the world as of May 23, 2019.
- Check out the latest information about Naomi Osaka as our Brand Ambassador on CITIZEN’s special website.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 130 countries around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN have held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Sharing this belief, we have made watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronized timekeeping.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc
* Eco-Drive, Super Titanium™, and Duratect are registered trademarks or trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
* Availability, specifications and related information such as product code for the models vary by markets. If you would like to know more about our watches, including the availability of this products in your area, please select your "Local Website" from our global site.