4 March 2021
Three new Eco-Drive*1 Diver 200m models inspired by
CITIZEN’s iconic 1982 Professional Diver watch
The CITIZEN PROMASTER brand captures the imagination of sports professionals around the world with highly functional sports watches. Three new Eco-Drive Diver 200m watches are being launched featuring designs inspired by the original 1982 CITIZEN diver’s watch. This iconic watch had the highest depth rating in the world – pressure resistance up to 1,300 meters - at the time of its release.
CITIZEN PROMASTER Eco-Drive Diver 200m BN0220-16E
CITIZEN’s iconic Professional Diver watch boasted the highest depth rating in the world back in 1982, with pressure resistance up to an incredible 1,300 meters. The lug-free case silhouette, the four bezel guards, and the large indentations on the rotating bezel gave the watch a bold, distinctive look. Three new Eco-Drive Diver 200m watches provide an updated modern take on this unique world-first watch. The rounded, chunky shape of the case combines with the striking indentations on the bezel to create a tough, sporty look. These three new models also feature a sandblasted finish to recreate the distinctive rugged look of the original model. The BN0220-16E with its titanium grey color features a Super Titanium™*2 case with Duratect*3 MRK, and the dial and the color scheme are reminiscent of the original 1982 design. The blue camouflage BN0227-09L model and green camouflage BN0228-06W model are inspired by street culture, and have a darker color scheme using a combination of Duratect MRK and Duratect DLC. These new models feature enhanced visibility of the hands and bezel, providing a more refined interpretation of the original bold design.
These light powered Eco-Drive watches do not require regular battery replacement, and feature ISO compliant*4 water resistance to 200 meters.
Professional Diver watch, launched in 1982
Eco-Drive diver’s watches inspired by the iconic 1982 Professional Diver 1300m
- - Design remains faithful to the spirit of the original 1982 model with a sandblasted case finish,
made possible by the development of a completely new finishing technique
- - Lug-free case design
- - Four bezel guards extending outward
- - Rotating bezel with large indentations
- - Striking hands and bold design with an aluminum ring on the bezel for better visibility
The BN0227-09L and BN0228-06W models are inspired by nature, and partial proceeds from the sales of these two models will support the marine conservation activities of Conservation International*5, an international NGO that is working to protect the critical benefits that nature provides to people through science, partnerships and fieldwork. Citizen’s support of Conservation International started as part of the CITIZEN PROMASTER Save the BEYOND campaign that was launched in 2019.
|Brand||CITIZEN PROMASTER / Eco-Drive Diver 200m|
|Case||Super Titanium™ Duratect MRK
（Bezel : TIC）
|Super Titanium™ Duratect MRK＋DLC
（Bezel : DLC）
|Case diameter / thickness||45.8mm / 14.3mm（ design specification only ）|
|Specifications||Cal. E168 / Eco-Drive running for 6 months on full charge / Accuracy of ±15 seconds per month / 200m water resistance|
- *1 Eco-Drive is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology that powers watches using any natural or artificial light source, eliminating the need to replace batteries. Certified as an Eco Mark product for the first time in the watch industry.
- *2 Super Titanium™ is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology to treat solid titanium. It is at least 5 times harder than stainless steel, resistant to scratches, lightweight and gentle to the skin for comfortable wearing.
- *3 Duratect is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology that enhances the surface hardness of metals such as stainless steel and titanium, protecting watch bodies from scratches and damage. This technology offers excellent abrasion quality and maintains the luster of metals for long periods of time. Duratect MRK achieves Vickers hardness of 1,300-1,500 Hv by instilling gas onto the surfaces of titanium materials to harden. Duratect DLC achieves Vickers hardness of 1,000-1,400 by creating an amorphous carbon hard film—mainly composed of carbon and hydrogen—on the surface of the material.
- *4 ISO:International Organization for Standardization. “ISO 6425 diver’s watch” for all diver’s watches to ensure diver safety.
- *5 Conservation International works to protect the critical benefits that nature provides to people. Through science, partnerships and fieldwork, Conservation International is driving innovation and investments in nature-based solutions to the climate crisis, supporting protections for critical habitats, and fostering economic development that is grounded in the conservation of nature. Conservation International works in 30 countries around the world, empowering societies at all levels to create a cleaner, healthier and more sustainable planet
Since its debut in 1989, PROMASTER has become an icon among professional sports watches, known for superior durability and reliability in extreme outdoor environments on land, at sea, and in the air. The three classifications in the series are designed with high-performance specifications and durability: MARINE - for divers, LAND - for climbers, and SKY - for aviation. PROMASTER is exclusively designed for optimum functionality, durability, and safety, inspiring the imagination of generations of active sports aficionados who push beyond physical and mental boundaries.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 140 countries and regions around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN has held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Based this belief, we have created watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronized timekeeping.
- *The final design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- *Eco-Drive, Duratect, Super Titanium™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
- *The availability, specifications and related information such as product code for the models featured in this site, may vary by markets. If you would like to know more details, including the availability of this products in your area, please select your "Local Website" from our global site.