March 4, 2021
New CITIZEN PROMASTER Mechanical Diver 200m
with magnetic resistance
Lightweight and durable with CITZEN’s proprietary Super Titanium™*1
CITIZEN PROMASTER captures the imagination of sports professionals around the world with highly functional sports watches. Now CITIZEN is launching a new model from the PROMASTER marine category. This diver’s watch model features a new movement with magnetic resistance.
Mechanical Diver 200m
The new Cal. 9051 movement uses anti-magnetic materials for the balance spring and surrounding components to boost the overall magnetic resistance of the watch. This new model is capable of maintaining performance even when placed 1 centimeter from a device emitting a magnetic field of 16,000 A/ｍ. The watch is also resistant to magnetic fields from everyday devices, including smartphones, and it can even be used aboard ships with magnetic compasses. In addition to magnetic resistance, the watch also has ISO compliant*2 water resistance up to 200 meters. It can run for 42 hours when fully wound, with daily accuracy of -10 to +20 seconds – solid performance for a mechanical watch. The hour hand, minute hand, and indexes have a luminescent coating to ensure high visibility.
The bold trapezoid indentations around the edge of the case are both stylish and functional, providing a rugged look and a sure grip when using the bezel. The case has a two-piece structure and uses Super Titanium™ with CITIZEN’s proprietary surface-hardening technology, Duratect*3, making the watch incredibly light for its size. The rugged and tough good looks of this model are enhanced by an intricate almost stud-like pyramid pattern on the bezel and the dial with shades that shift depending on the viewing angle.
Mechanical Diver’s Watch with Magnetic Resistance
- ・Magnetic-resistant mechanical movement Cal.9051
- ・ISO compliant water resistance to 200 meters
- ・Up to 42 hours of running time when fully wound
- ・Daily accuracy of -10 to +20 seconds
- ・Luminescent coating on the hour hand, minute hand, and indexes for high visibility
- ・Case and separate bezel use lightweight, scratch-resistant Super Titanium™
- ・Extender strap to fit over a wetsuit
|Brand||CITIZEN PROMASTER / Mechanical Diver 200m|
|Case||Super Titanium™ Duratect MRK
|Band||Urethane (with replacement extender strap: Urethane / Black)|
|Glass||Spherical sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating|
|Case diameter / thickness||46.0mm / 15.3mm（ design specification only ）|
|Specifications||Cal.9051 Mechanical/ Automatic & Manual winding / Accuracy of average -10～+20sec/day */ Running time of approx. 42 hours (when fully wound)/ Frequency : 28,800 vph / 24 jewels / 200m water resistance|
*Accuracy measured when the movement is in a stationary position. Due to the characteristics of mechanical watches, daily accuracy may be outside stated figures due to variations in conditions of use (including length of time worn, the position of the watch, wrist movement, and the winding of the spring.)
- ※1 Super Titanium™ is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology to treat solid titanium. It is at least 5 times harder than stainless steel, resistant to scratches, lightweight and gentle to the skin for comfortable wearing.
- ※2 ISO: International Organization for Standardization. “ISO 6425 diver’s watch” for all diver’s watches to ensure diver safety.
- ※3 Duratect is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology that enhances the surface hardness of metals such as stainless steel and titanium, protecting watch bodies from scratches and damage. This technology offers excellent abrasion quality and maintains the luster of metals for long periods of time. Duratect DLC achieves Vickers hardness of 1,000-1,400 by creating an amorphous carbon hard film—mainly composed of carbon and hydrogen—on the surface of the material. Duratect MRK and Duratect MRK Gold achieves Vickers hardness of 1,300-1,500 Hv by instilling gas onto the surfaces of titanium materials to harden.
Since its debut in 1989, PROMASTER has become an icon among professional sports watches, known for superior durability and reliability in extreme outdoor environments on land, at sea, and in the air. The three classifications in the series are designed with high-performance specifications and durability: MARINE - for divers, LAND - for climbers, and SKY - for aviation. PROMASTER is exclusively designed for optimum functionality, durability, and safety, inspiring the imagination of generations of active sports aficionados who push beyond physical and mental boundaries.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with a comprehensive manufacturing process that extends from creating a watch’s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 140 countries and regions around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN has held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Based this belief, we have created watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronized timekeeping.
- *The final design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- * Super Titanium™, Duratect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
- *The availability, specifications and related information, such as product code for the models featured in this site, may vary by markets. If you would like to know more details, including the availability of this products in your area, please select your local website from our global site.