23 March 2022
New light-powered Eco-Drive*¹ Diver 200m
inspired by the majestic, endangered whale shark
CITIZEN PROMASTER captures the imagination of sports professionals around the world with highly functional sports watches. A new Eco-Drive Diver 200m model inspired by the majestic, endangered whale shark will be launched in autumn/winter 2022 with a limited-edition of 5,000 pieces worldwide. A portion of the sales revenue from this model will go to support the marine conservation activities of international NGO Conservation International (CI)*².
CITIZEN PROMASTER Eco-Drive Diver 200m
Limited edition of 5000 pieces worldwide
The design of this model was inspired by whale sharks that can be found in plankton-rich, temperate seas near the equator. The dial and bezel feature a beautiful deep blue color evoking the endless blue of the ocean, and the pattern on the dial is inspired by the unique spot patterns on each whale shark’s back.
The case design echoes the iconic 1982 Professional Diver which had the highest depth rating in the world – pressure resistance up to 1,300 meters - at the time of its release. The lugless case silhouette, the four bezel guards, and the large indentations on the rotating bezel give the watch a bold, distinctive look. It also features a sandblasted finish to recreate the distinctive rugged look of the original model. The case is made from Super Titanium™*³ finished with CITIZEN’s proprietary Duratect*⁴ MRK and Duratect DLC surface hardening technology, making it resistant to scuffs and scratches with an appealing deep black color.
The bold hands and indices also ensure superior visibility. This light-powered Eco-Drive watch does not require regular battery replacement, and is an ISO compliant*⁵ diver’s watch to 200 meters.
A portion of the sales revenue from this model will go to support the marine conservation activities of Conservation International (CI), an international NGO that is working to achieve a sustainable society through environmental conservation.
■Unique appearance echoing the iconic 1982 Professional Diver 1300m with a face design inspired by the majestic whale shark
- - The dial and bezel feature a beautiful deep blue color evoking the endless blue of the ocean.
The pattern on the dial is inspired by the unique spot patterns on each whale shark’s back.
- - An embossed whale shark silhouette on the case back.
- - Case features a sandblasted finish to echo the look of the original model.
- - Unique design with a lugless case, four bezel guards, and large indentations on the rotating bezel.
- - Bold hands and indices, and an aluminum ring create a bold impression with superior visibility.
- - Deep black case finished with Duratect DLC.
- - ISO-compliant diver’s watch to 200 meters
- - Light-powered Eco-Drive technology that eliminates the need for regular battery changes.
|Brand||CITIZEN PROMASTER/ Eco-Drive Diver 200m Limited Model|
|Launch||Autumn/Winter 2022 (scheduled)|
|Limited quantity||5,000 (Worldwide)|
|Case/Band||Super Titanium™ Duratect MRK＋DLC（Bezel : DLC） / Polyurethane|
|Case diameter / thickness||45.8mm / 14.3mm（ design specification only ）|
|Specifications||Cal. E168 / Eco-Drive running for 6 months on full charge / Accuracy of ±15 seconds per month / 200m water resistance|
- *The logo orientation on the case back may vary due to manufacturing tolerances.
- ※1 Eco-Drive is CITIZEN’s proprietary technology that powers watches using any natural or artificial light source, eliminating the need to replace batteries. Certified as an Eco Mark product for the first time in the watch industry.
- ※2 Conservation International works to protect the critical benefits that nature provides to people. Through science, partnerships and fieldwork, Conservation International is driving innovation and investments in nature-based solutions to the climate crisis, supporting protections for critical habitats, and fostering economic development that is grounded in the conservation of nature. Conservation International works in 30 countries around the world, empowering societies at all levels to create a cleaner, healthier and more sustainable planet.
- ※3 Super Titanium™ is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology to treat solid titanium. It is at least 5 times harder than stainless steel, resistant to scratches, lightweight and gentle to the skin for comfortable wearing.
- ※4 Duratect is CITIZEN’s proprietary surface hardening technology that enhances the surface hardness of metals such as stainless steel and titanium, protecting watch bodies from scratches and damage. This technology offers excellent abrasion quality and maintains the luster of metals for long periods of time. Duratect MRK achieves Vickers hardness of 1,300-1,500 Hv by instilling gas onto the surfaces of titanium materials to harden. Duratect DLC achieves Vickers hardness of 1,000-1,400 by creating an amorphous carbon hard film—mainly composed of carbon and hydrogen—on the surface of the material.
- ※5 ISO:International Organization for Standardization. “ISO 6425 diver’s watch” for all diver’s watches to ensure diver safety.
Since its debut in 1989, PROMASTER has become an icon among professional sports watches, known for superior durability and reliability in extreme outdoor environments on land, at sea, and in the air. The three classifications in the series are designed with high-performance specifications and durability: MARINE - for divers, LAND - for climbers, and SKY - for aviation. PROMASTER is exclusively designed for optimum functionality, durability, and safety, inspiring the imagination of generations of active sports aficionados who push beyond physical and mental boundaries.
<About CITIZEN WATCH>
CITIZEN WATCH is a true manufacture d'horlogerie with the capabilities to carry out the entire watch manufacturing process in-house, from creating a watch’s individual components to its final assembly. The company operates in more than 140 countries and regions around the world. Since its founding in 1918, CITIZEN has held the belief of “Better Starts Now” — that is, no matter who you are and what you do, it is always possible to make something better, and now is the time to start doing it. Based this belief, we have created watches, invented and improved technologies and explored the future of watches such as our proprietary light-powered Eco-Drive technology and state-of-the-art satellite-synchronized timekeeping.
- *Eco-Drive, Duratect, Super Titanium™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.。
- *The final design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- *The availability, specifications, and related information, such as the product code for the models featured in this site, may vary by markets. If you would like to know more details, including the availability of these products in your area, please select your local website from our global site.